Quick Scan - Preliminary Moisture Scan ('plaster house' sale accelerator)
Non-invasive Moisture Scan and Report
Preliminary, multi-point, non-invasive moisture scan of a property, followed by concise and easy-to-understand, room-by-room report.
It provides results for each room along with comments and an image of the highest reading for each room.
Non-invasive moisture readings taken pertaining to every external wall in the house (200-400 readings on average) no leaving any marks or damage to the property.
It’s already helped a number of homeowners to sell their properties faster (via either direct sale, tender or auction).
Many buyers hesitate about purchasing ‘plaster’ houses, as moisture in homes has become such a contentious issue. To help vendors to ‘break’ this market trend, we’re now offering them a very affordable preliminary moisture scan report which vendors can use to help initially attract buyers to their property.
This report also gives vendors a ‘heads up’ on results of potential buyers’ building inspections. Vendors then have the option to address any noted issues, so as to eliminate disappointment if their house is rejected for being ‘risky’ or if the deal ‘falls through’ due to the results of a building report.
We understand that in most cases, vendors find these sorts of reports to be very costly and so they leave them to potential buyers to undertake - a costly mistake for many 'plaster' house owners as they then lose control of the sales process or sale itself.
Our new inspection procedure and the usage of new reporting technology, however, makes this whole process very affordable – putting vendors back in control without a huge spend.
Apartment - $240.00 (verbal report $175.00)
House up to 3 Bedrooms - $295.00 (verbal report $220.00)
This price covers a three bedroom, two bathrooms, two living area home. From there, price increases are just $20.00 per room.
Prices are GST exclusive
* You are required to notify and obtain the agreement of any tenants residing at the property to be inspected. The Tenant, Vendor or Property Manager should be present at the Inspection.
A sample report can be viewed here: MOISTURE SCAN REPORT
(Done by sister company Pro-Spect Inspection)
INTERPRETING THE SCANNING RESULTS
No elevated readings noted - readings obtained at this particular area are consistent with “dry” areas throughout the house.
Elevated readings noted - readings obtained at this particular area are slightly higher in comparison with “dry” areas throughout the house.
High readings noted – readings obtained at this particular area are sharply higher in comparison with “dry” areas throughout the house.
“Occupied houses” - due to vendor’s belongings, only readily accessible areas inspected and therefore further investigation of concealed areas might be needed.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
Moisture Scan as part of general house inspection.
The standard procedure is to inspect all and each outside facing walls, room by room, starting by taking a photo of each room to be inspected and then scan or measure predefined areas and publish the highest reading in each room in the report, with a comment if applicable.
Preliminary Moisture Scan
The standard procedure, is to inspect all and each outside facing walls, room by room, starting by taking a photo of each wall to be inspected and then scan or measure predefine areas from top to bottom and from left to right, taking images of all moisture readings and publish the highest reading in each room in the report, with a comment if applicable.
* Visually scan each room’s ceiling and walls for signs of moisture damage (i.e. discolouration, mould, etc.)
* Moisture test all outside facing walls in each room by scanning all four corners and midpoints between them for a minimum of 6 scan points.
* Moisture test around all windows in each room by scanning all four corners, where applicable scan below any mullion, for a minimum of 4 scan points.
* Moisture test around all outside facing doors in each room by scanning all four corners and midpoints between them for a minimum of 5 scan points.
* Moisture test all wet areas by scanning bottom corners where the shower meets the wall and/or where pipes enter or exit the wall.
* Moisture test all interior walls adjacent to any shower/bath will also be moisture tested if accessible.
* Moisture test the hot water cupboard’s floor (Subject of accessibility).
* Report on all elements covered in the inspection with images and comments.
Only areas and elements included in above Steps are inspected and reported on. To obtain information on other elements it is recommended to order a full house inspection.
Points/Areas that are scanned with non-invasive moisture meter during an inspection (please use it as a guide only)